The breasts have been for centuries a symbol of femininity all over the world. One of the most frequent cosmetic concerns our patients have is what’s medically called “breast ptosis.” That happens when the breasts have stored a significant amount of skin that results in a saggy appearance, especially as women age. Fortunately, a breast lift with augmentation surgery can address this common problem. This procedure has helped women from all over the world restore their breasts to a more youthful position and achieve the desired volume.
What’s breast lift surgery?
Breast lift surgery is the perfect procedure to target excess tissue that has contributed to the sagging appearance of the breasts over the years. The breasts will improve in projection and have a firmer look. Also, the nipple and areola can be moved to a higher position. Patients who would like to add more volume and fullness, besides addressing the ptosis, can use breasts implants to achieve a smoother look. At Avana, our board-certified plastic surgeons will accomplish beautiful results in line with your goals.
Why should you choose a breast lift?
- To improve the shape after pregnancy – It’s natural for pregnancy to bring some unwelcome changes to the breasts, leaving them unpleasant in appearance. A breast lift, when combined with breast augmentation, can help undo any undesirable changes and restore a more visually appealing look.
- To improve breast contour after losing weight – Significant weight loss leaves many women with lack of breast volume. A breast lift will restore a youthful look by removing excess skin and restoring volume with breasts implants.
- To enjoy a beautiful breast profile – Some women may experience breast sagging since their teen years. Fortunately, a breast lift can help them get the desired breast profile in no time. Also, their clothes will fit better, and they report feeling more motivated to care for their bodies.
Types of breast lifts
A variety of incision techniques are used for breast lift surgery based on the amount of tissue to be removed and the patient’s individual goals. Your surgeon will recommend the best approach during your initial consultation and evaluation. The most common breast lifts available include:
- Crescent Lift – This procedure leaves minimal scarring, but it can only correct minimal sagging. A crescent lift is commonly done when the patient combines a lift with breast augmentation.
- Peri-Areolar Lift – Also known as the “donut lift,” this procedure involves a circular incision going around the edge of the areola. It can also be performed together with breast augmentation and help reduce the areola size.
- Vertical lift – Also known as “lollipop,” this procedure will correct moderate sagging, but with more a substantial reshaping. It involves two incisions, one around the areola and the other one vertically to create a lollipop shape.
- Inverted T – The popularly known “anchor lift,” allows the surgeon to accomplish dramatic change as a significant amount of breast tissue is removed. Three incisions are made: one around the areola, one vertical, and another along the inframammary fold. This technique is commonly used when a breast reduction and lift are combined.
Combining a breast lift with augmentation
Sometimes a breast lift alone is not able to accomplish the desired results. If your breasts have lost volume due to pregnancy or the natural aging process, breasts implants can be placed to restore fullness. Likewise, if you desire larger breasts, a breast augmentation can help you reach your goals.
Keep the results longer
While a breast lift is a procedure with long-lasting results, certain life events such as a future pregnancy and weight fluctuations can undo the results. So you should wait until you are done having children before having a breast lift.
If you are considering your options for breast rejuvenation and would like to request a free consultation with one of our talented surgeons, don’t hesitate to call us.