Dr. Stephanie Luster
Meet Dr. Luster
Dr. Stephanie Luster is an accomplished general and cosmetic surgeon specializing in a wide range of cosmetic surgery including breast augmentations and lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, BBLs, labiaplasty, body lifts, transgender top surgery, and facelifts. She has a special interest and expertise in Mommy Makeovers. As a native Floridian, Dr. Luster is thrilled to be back in her home state to bring her unique female perspective to Avana Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Luster graduated magna cum laude from the University of Florida earning a Bachelor’s degree in Integrative Biology and a minor in Theater. She later earned a Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences and spent a year as a researcher at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey. Dr. Luster graduated with distinction from medical school where she had the privilege of traveling to Jamaica to provide medical and surgical services to underserved communities.
Continuing to pursue opportunities for underserved populations, Dr. Luster completed a 5-year general surgery residency at a community hospital in New York City where she ultimately became Chief resident in her final year and was published numerous times in medical journals. She was selected to join one of the highest volume cosmetic surgery private practices with the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery to hone her cosmetic surgery skills. Here, her meticulous attention to detail and calm bedside manner complimented her ability to put patients and ease and provide them with the highest standard of care and individualized aesthetic results.
She always remembers her mother’s advice, “treat every patient like they’re your family.”
When not serving her patients, Dr. Luster loves to travel with her wife, visit history and space museums, and put her theater degree to work immersing herself in the arts and music.
- University of Florida: BS Integrative Biology Sciences (Magna Cum Laude), Minor in Theater
- UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences: Master’s Degree in Biomedical Science
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine: D.O (Sigma Sigma Phi Honors)
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center: General Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship
- ACS – American College of Surgeons
- AOA – American Osteopathic Association
- ABCS – American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- AACS – American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- WPATH – World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Affiliate Professor - OCOM
- FL State Medical License
- ACLS, BLS Certified
- FLS – Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery
- FES – Fundamentals of Endoscopic Surgery