Breast Reduction in Miami is a popular cosmetic procedure performed at Avana Plastic Surgery. The techniques used for breast reduction are very varied; all of them seeking a high position of the areola, as well as a narrowing of the base to achieve a natural shape.
Breast Reduction is a cosmetic procedure that helps women who have breasts that are too large and also tend to have them down. That's why, when they undergo a breast reduction, they not only see the size of the breast reduced, but they also have a more bulky, lifted, and rejuvenated breast, giving them an aesthetically improved image.
In this article, you will find what a Breast Reduction Miami can do for you, from the candidates, cost, types of procedures, risks, recovery, and more exciting information to know about this recommended surgery for women who expect new and better breasts.
Who is a good breast reduction candidate?
Women who benefit most from breast reduction surgery are those who have the following problems:
- Women with chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain that causes them to take pain medication.
- Women who experience chronic skin irritation and rash under their breasts are good candidates.
- Nerve pain.
- Limitation of activities.
- Women with low self-esteem because of the large size of their breasts.
- Difficulty finding suitable bras and clothes.
Breast surgery is not recommendable if you:
- You have disorders such as diabetes or heart disease.
- You are very obese.
- You want to avoid having breast scars.
Breast Reduction Miami before and after photos
Your initial breast reduction consultation
In your Breast reduction consultation at Avana Plastic Surgery in Miami, medical history, and a general check of the patient is made. Also, the patient and the surgeon discuss your aesthetic goals, any medical conditions, allergies, medications you're taking, and past surgeries. Apart, the surgeon will take photographs, consider your options, and recommend the best course of treatment. You will also be explained the risks and complications that may arise with your particular procedure.
Schedule A Free Consultation Today
How to prepare for your Reduction Mammoplasty
Before surgery, you should keep in mind that the surgeon will ask you to stop taking anticoagulant medications. You shouldn't take acetylsalicylic acid, ibuprofen, warfarin, among others. You may also be asked to stop smoking in case you do since smoking slows the healing process and increases the risk of problems.
During the day of the surgery, follow the instructions on when to stop eating and drinking, take the medications that the surgeon has recommended with a small sip of water, wear loose clothing that is buttoned or zippered at the front and reach on time to the hospital.
Miami Breast Reduction Surgery
You should know that breast reduction surgery is an outpatient procedure that is usually performed under general anesthesia. It typically takes three to five hours, depending on breast size and the surgical technique implemented. Also, there are different options for breast reduction procedures available. The type of breast reduction procedure can be customized for each patient according to the physical exam, their personal goals, and the unique circumstances of life.
The types of incision used in breast reduction may vary depending on the amount of excess tissue that will be removed, the position of the nipples, and what your surgeon considers best for you. Generally, the surgeon makes an incision around the areola and down the breast. Then, the surgeon proceeds to eliminate the excess of breast tissue, fat, and skin to reduce the size of the breast. You should know that the nipple and areola will remain attached to the chest, but if the breasts are very large, the nipple may need to be removed to return it to a higher position.
Breast Reduction incision options
There are three different incision options:
- Inverted breast reduction or T or anchor: This technique involves making an incision around the areola. The surgeon makes a cut vertically down from the bottom of the areola to the crease under the breast. Then he makes a second cut along the breast crease. This technique is recommended when the patient needs a significant reduction in size or has a considerable sagging skin.
- Vertical breast reduction or "lollipop": With this technique, the surgeon makes two incisions, one around the areola, and another incision that extends vertically from the bottom of the areola to the crease under the breast. This technique is the most recommended for cases in which the patient needs a moderate reduction in size and has considerable sagging skin.
- Donut incision : Donut lifts are often done in conjunction with a breast augmentation. This technique is beneficial for those women who want to reduce the size of the areola and nipple — Thats why this procedure is also called periareolar elevation.
Breast sizes and shapes
The excess volume in the breasts affects many women, and it can lead to a series of inconveniences in their daily lives, leading to severe discomforts such as backaches, as well as aesthetic problems, which lead to breast reduction surgery.
The anatomically perfect breast is as follows:
- Size 90, cup B or C, and the volume of 282 ctm3.
- They should keep a distance from the area of the halo to the center of the clavicle from 19 to 21 cm.
- The ideal is not to talk about specific measures, but about proportions customizing each morphology.
- The hips are also important. A woman with wide hips can wear larger prostheses.
Based on the measurements and the breast cavity, the prosthesis is chosen, which each case requires and allows so that it is as natural as possible. The purpose of breast reduction surgery is to provide women with smaller breasts and with a more proportional way to the rest of their body to reduce these problems. That's why the reduction of the breasts will be based on the stature and the proportions of the patient, and it's an individualized process based on the characteristics of the patient's body.
Breast Reduction Surgery Recovery
Although a breast reduction is a very common operation, it is still an important intervention and therefore requires some recovery time:
- During the first days, a series of bandages and gauze should be used that cover the areas where the incisions have been made. After a few days, these bandages are removed to help your skin heal.
- In the course of the first weeks, the patient must wear a special surgical bra for this type of intervention.
- Between the first and second week, a specialist will take care of removing the stitches from the scars.
- During the first months, there is a possibility that the breasts are inflamed and sensitive; you may even experience some pain derived from menstruation. If that is the case, your surgeon can prescribe an analgesic to relieve this discomfort.
- Also, in the recovery phase, medical consultations will be held at 3 and 6 months to keep a progressive control of the surgery.
Results after Breast Reduction Procedure
A successful breast reduction can significantly reduce the pain that the patient may suffer in the upper back, neck, and shoulders. You may also increase your ability to participate in physical activities and foster a more positive self-image.
To be able to appreciate your final results, you should wait a period of 6 months to 1 year, since, before this time, it is likely that the breasts are still swollen and inflamed because the breast tissue is manipulated significantly during the surgery
Although breast reduction is permanent, hormonal changes and gravity can alter the results of surgery. As time goes by, the breasts will continue to grow, and the skin will lose elasticity. This means that your breasts will continue to age, as will the rest of you. However, this effect will not be the same as before.
Breast Reduction Miami Cost
The average cost of a Breast Reduction Miami range between $3,500 to $7,000. Prices vary by surgeon, geographic region, the complexity of the procedure, and insurance coverage.
Will health insurance cover my breast reduction surgery?
Many health insurance plans can cover breast reduction surgery. That's because even though the operation is cosmetic, breast reduction has medical benefits, such as relieving chronic pain. Not every patient's surgery is automatically covered, and insurance companies often require the removal of a minimum amount of tissue for it to be considered a medical procedure.
Choose a surgeon from Avana Plastic Surgery
If you think that you have large breasts, you may choose to undergo breast reduction surgery to relieve discomfort or achieve breast size proportional to your body. So, if you feel motivated and want to get a better breast shape, you have to schedule an appointment with our specialist plastic surgeons. They will be pleased to talk to you about all the benefits, risks, complications, and better procedures of a Breast Reduction that may help to achieve your desired goals. Do not hesitate to call today to Avana Plastic Surgery in Miami, the best option for you.
Call us today, and get your initial free consultation (305) 501-6000.
Breast Reduction FAQs
Breast reduction procedure presents the same risks as any other major surgery: bleeding, infection, and an adverse reaction to anesthesia. Also, you can experience additional risks like Hematomas, which are usually temporary, cicatrization, elimination, or loss of sensation in the nipples and surrounding skin (areolas). In addition, it may be possible for you to experience some difficulty with breastfeeding. You may also notice differences in breast size, shape, and symmetry, which may mean that you will need another surgery to improve your appearance.
The surgery time depends on the complexity of the diagnosis. Breast size is essential to define the appropriate procedure. Generally, the surgery can last between 2 to 4 hours. The most important thing is the patient's health and to achieve an aesthetic and beautiful shape to the breast.
Not necessarily, in general, what is done in a breast reduction is to unify the breast with the same tissue. In cases when the skin is too loose, and there is an excess of tissue, the surgeon shapes the breast with the same tissue of the breast patient. If the patient wants a prosthesis, it can be placed to increase the size of the breast.
Stretch marks are caused by the lack of collagen in the skin. The breast reduction does not produce stretch marks. If the patient already has stretch marks, they can be removed if these stretch marks are concentrated in the cutting area. But if the stretch marks are in the upper part of the areola, likely, they cannot be removed. An improvement is generated, but not total elimination. Stretch marks can be improved with laser procedures after surgery, but there is no guarantee of their complete removal.
Different techniques are used in the breast reduction procedure. The "Periareolar" technique, consists of a round scar around the areola. Another technique is to cut "T" shape depending on the size, shape, and type of the breast.
In all surgeries that require tissue removal, they cause scarring since a cut must be made to perform the procedure. In breast reduction, a specific closure is needed to shape the breast, which necessarily leaves a scar on it.
In post-operative breast reduction, it is recommended that the patient wear a sports bra for one or two months day and night, and then after two months, it is recommended that the patient wear her bra with a rod and a cup because it gives the breast better shape. You should always sleep with a sports bra or top type because, without a bra, the breast tends to fall again more quickly. It is essential not to use a rod when sleeping so as not to hurt the breast with a wrong horizontal position.
That depends on the recovery of each patient. On average, in a month, the breast may have swollen 70%. And around 3 or 4 months, the proper breast shape can be seen. Breast recovery may take a long time to recover between 6 months to a year entirely.
Generally, with this type of procedure, the patient does not lose sensitivity in her breasts. In cases where there is a gigantomastia (Reduction of very large breasts), she likely loses a percentage of sensitivity since much breast tissue will be removed.