Breast Augmentation Miami is a popular cosmetic procedure performed at Avana Plastic Surgery. For some women, breast augmentation is a way to improve their confidence. For others, it is part of breast reconstruction due to various diseases.
One of the methods to achieve an increase in breast volume is by implanting breast prostheses behind the existing gland. Other methods use body tissues or fat transfer and are used, especially in Reconstructive Surgery.
In this article, you will find what a Breast Augmentation Miami can do for you. From the candidates, cost, types of procedures, risks, recovery, and more to know about this recommended surgery for women to improve self-confidence and feel rejuvenated.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic procedure used to improve the shape and size of breasts. It's the most commonly performed plastic surgery procedure in the United States, and it's growing in popularity—the number of breast augmentations jumped 4% between 2017 and 2018 up to 313,735.
Women choose to enlarge their breasts to enhance a naturally small chest or to correct sagging and volume loss associated with age, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Breasts will be larger, higher, fuller, and generally more youthful-looking.
- Results are permanent, usually lasting well over ten years.
- Breast implants are highly customizable, so you can select a size that works best for your body type and lifestyle. They're available in a range of diameters (widths), projections (how far the implant projects from the chest wall), and volumes (the amount of fullness). A surgeon can suggest an implant with a diameter, projection, and volume that's most appropriate for your body.
- Correct an excessively flat chest.
- This procedure can help to correct any imbalance between the breasts.
- A Breast Augmentation will help you achieve a better appearance after pregnancy, also, after a dramatic loss of weight.
- Another benefit is the reconstruction of the breasts after a mastectomy or after overcoming breast cancer. If you suffered an accident, breast augmentation is very beneficial.
Breast Augmentation Miami before and after photos
Breast Implant Surgery Candidates
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, breast augmentation has become the number one cosmetic surgery performed today. This step is generally a positive one for many women as it boosts their self-esteem. These women report satisfaction with their image as well as sexual satisfaction.
The ideal candidate for breast augmentation is that the person who is in a healthy state of health. They must also be psychologically stable so that they can develop an objective view of the results of the intervention. Women who wish to improve their silhouette because they don't feel comfortable with their small breasts are also good candidates to undergo a mammoplasty.
On the other hand, pregnancy itself or breastfeeding can leave the breast dropped and empty, so many women want to repair it. Breast Augmentation can also be used to eliminate the difference in size between the two and their reconstruction after breast tumor interventions. Cosmetic surgery is a breakthrough to correct this type of imperfections that often turned a woman's life into constant torture. Looking in the mirror is no longer a nightmare.
Schedule a free Breast Augmentation consultation today
Discovering your Breast Implant Options
- Silicone Implants: Silicone implants are already filled with silicone gel, a thick and sticky fluid that mimics the sensation of human fat very well. Most women think that silicone breast implants feel more like natural breast tissue.
Silicone breast implants are available for women 22 years and older for breast augmentation and for women of any age for breast reconstruction.
- Saline Implants: These types of implants are filled with sterile saltwater. They are inserted empty and then filled once they are in place. Saline breast implants are allowed for women 18 years and older for breast augmentation and women of any age for breast reconstruction.
- Gummy Bear Implants: These implants are called bear-shaped rubber because of their ability to preserve a beautiful and natural-looking shape. The form of cohesive silicone used in these implants is less prone to rupture than many alternatives of silicone or saline, which gives patients beautiful and natural results that last.
Choosing the Right Shape and Size for your Breast Implants
When deciding to have a breast augmentation, the most challenging thing is to choose the size of the breast you want. Each woman is different, and different factors come into play: Height, weight, even the size of the chest. Some women want a full size, and others prefer natural-looking results.
So here are some tips to solve this problem:
- Size is subjective. It depends on the patient's taste and what your surgeon can recommend.
- Never get into plastic surgery without having done simulation in your own body of the possible results.
- Breast augmentation simulation with real testers (trial prostheses): It consists of evaluating the measurements of your chest. A series of filling implants are then placed with a special bra so that it can be seen in the mirror and see how each size feels until the correct size is achieved.
Breast Augmentation Miami
Preparing for your Breast Implant Miami
During the days before the surgery:
- You may need to have mammograms or x-rays of the breasts before the operation.
- It is likely that a few days before the operation, you will be asked to stop taking medication that makes blood clotting difficult.
- Ask your provider what medications you should take even on the day of surgery.
- You may need to fill painkiller prescriptions before the operation.
- You will need someone to transport you home after surgery and help you at home for 1 or 2 days.
- If you smoke, you must stop.
Types of Incisions for Breast Augmentation
There are several ways to introduce the implant to get the best result:
- Axillary pathway: Incision in the armpit, taking advantage of a natural fold.
- The periareolar route: It is a Peripheral incision at the level of the areola.
- Inframammary or submammary route: Incision in the groove of the breast.
Subglandular or Submuscular Breast Augmentation
- Subglandular breast augmentation is a surgery that involves the placement of a prosthesis behind the mammary gland, is located between the tissues of the breast and the pectoral muscle. This procedure is indicated for those people who want to increase the size of their chest. But have enough breast tissue so that the placement of the prosthesis does not produce a result that is too artificial and its edges are noticed.
- In the submuscular breast augmentation, the prosthesis is placed below the pectoral muscle, being entirely covered by it. The doctor will make a small incision in the lower chest area to introduce the implant, so the scar is virtually invisible under the fold. This type of breast augmentation technique is the most practiced since it offers very natural results in sight and touch. It is indicated for those women who have very little breast and in which breast tissue is scarce.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
You should know that your breasts will be wrapped for some time in gauze dressings, and you'll wear either an elastic bandage or sports bra for support and to minimize swelling and speed recovery.
Pain can last for up to five days, with some soreness and swelling lingering for weeks after—but nothing major. Most people are back to work within a week and can resume regular exercise four weeks post-op.
Breast Augmentation Risks
There are several risks associated with breast implants, including implant leakage or rupture, seroma (fluid buildup), capsular contracture, wrinkling of skin over the implant, and poor positioning of the implant.
Additionally, a growing number of women report a constellation of symptoms—including cognitive issues, chronic fatigue, and joint pain—that's known as breast implant illness. While the FDA has publicly stated that studies show no evidence of breast implants causing these symptoms, research is ongoing to understand their cause better.
Something called "animation deformity" can occur with under-the-muscle implant placement, which means the implant moves around when you activate your pectoral muscles. So if you typically engage in a lot of upper-body exercises, you might want to opt for over-the-muscle placement instead.
Breast Augmentation Miami Cost
The average cost of a Breast Augmentation procedure in Miami is between $6,000 and $7,000. Many factors may affect the price. Some of these are the type of breast augmentation, the experience level of the surgeon, where you live, and any additional fees—like the operating room, anesthesia, and post-op appointments. You should know that breast augmentation surgery is not covered by insurance.
Financing Options for your Breast Enhancement
In Avana Plastic Surgery, we offer you various financing plans so you can have the body you have always dreamed of. Get in contact today and discover the options we have for you.
Schedule a Consultation
If you want to correct any characteristic of your breasts or have small breasts, you may choose to undergo breast augmentation surgery. It can help you relieve discomfort or achieve breast size proportional to your body. You have to schedule an appointment with our specialist plastic surgeons. We will be pleased to talk to you about all the benefits, risks, complications, and better procedures of a Breast Augmentation that may help to achieve your desired goals. Do not hesitate to call today to Avana Plastic Surgery in Miami, the best option for you.
Breast Augmentation FAQs
Legally you must have legal age to undergo the operation. If not, the parents must give consent in specific cases such as tuberous breasts or other deformities that involve psychological problems. The minimum age is also determined by the complete development of secondary sexual characteristics.
The best prostheses are the latest generation cohesive silicone gel, since they are the safest and offer the most natural result. Among them, there are different models (smooth, rough, drop, round) that can be chosen between the patient and the surgeon.
Yes. The multiple anatomical implants that exist serve to give the chest a more natural appearance both in its shape and in its weight distribution. While round prostheses usually provide a more artificial result.
The best way to implant prostheses is the areolar area, for many reasons. On the one hand, the scar is entirely concealed by being located in an area of color change. In this way, the bleeding is controlled compared to the axillary route. With it, the surgeon can define precisely the limits of the pocket where the prosthesis will be implanted, achieving a symmetrical position between the two. Finally, you can easily choose to make the subfacial pocket without injuring the muscle, getting a faster recovery.
Whatever the route to be implanted, the incision is minimal and very discreet. This procedure is usually done on the edge of the areola. The incision can also be done in the groove that is immediately below the breast. In any case, the scar will be virtually undetectable thanks to the follow-up of the recommended care by the surgeon.
We recommend placing the prosthesis above the muscle. In round prostheses, it is usually necessary to cut and lift the muscle to place the prostheses behind, while the anatomical prostheses are placed in a subfacial plane, below the layer that surrounds the muscle, that is, above. In this way, the postoperative period will be painless, the return to work will be almost immediate, and the muscle will never displace the prosthesis.
After a few days, as long as the work does not require great efforts. In the first two weeks, the chest will be inflamed. Until 3-4, you should avoid sudden movements and excessive physical exercise that can resume progressively.
From the 2nd week, we recommend that you avoid efforts and sudden reactions at the wheel.
At least you have to wait one month to practice sports. It is advised to restart it progressively, avoiding the pectoral exercises. After a while, you can do the same type of sport as any other person.
If you follow the advice of the surgeon, no. He will make a tight pocket for the prosthesis. Still, the choice of an implant with a textured surface and eliminating efforts the first 3-4 weeks will prevent the prostheses from turning.