Out of Town Patients
Avana Plastic Surgery is committed to assisting out of town patients with their accommodation needs. From the moment you enter our surgery center, our staff is dedicated to making you feel welcomed. We have established the guidelines to accommodate our patients when scheduling surgery. Making your surgery stay pleasant is our number one priority.
If you are traveling to visit our renowned surgeons, please ask our staff to assist you with your accommodations. We have helped patients that travel from near and far to receive the high quality surgical and nonsurgical procedures we offer. You will be provided with crucial information that prepares you for surgery and recovery. Whether you are looking for a modest or a more lavish stay, we have a variety of lodging recommendations for a relaxing and enjoyable experience.
At Avana Plastic Surgery, your health and safety is always our main concern. Many of our fly-in patients choose to stay at nearby hotels with all the amenities required for a safe and comfortable recovery. In order to make your trip run smoothly and provide you with a stress-free experience, we are available to answer any questions you may have throughout your surgical journey. From your initial consultation to recovery, our staff will be glad to assist you so you can make a better-informed decision.
Your initial consultation
- A preliminary meeting with your surgeon is essential. Our patients have two options to meet with a surgeon. They can either fly in or have a virtual consultation to discuss the details of the procedure, including body photographs via email to assist with the screening process. Going to the first consultation with a few simple questions can help your surgeon understand your aesthetic surgical goals and make recommendations accordingly.
- Patients can also schedule an in-person consultation to go over the proposed surgery and ask any related questions they may have. Our patient coordinators will be available to discuss all fees for surgery and other applicable expenses. A price quote will be provided and relevant information about the desired procedure so you can make all the necessary arrangements and plan accordingly.
- We understand that flying in may not be possible for some patients. That’s why we also provide email consultations. Patients will be asked to email full body pictures: typically the front, sides, and rear, depending on the type of procedure and surgical approach. The patient’s medical history, including medications and supplements they are currently taking, should be included. We will provide you with a medical questionnaire to include that information. Please e-mail your questions to email@example.com.
- Once you have determined that you wish to proceed with the chosen procedure, you will be contacted by a Patient Care Consultant to discuss available surgical dates. Due to our surgeons being some of the most requested plastic surgeons in the area and throughout the nation, a deposit will be required to secure the dates as there is usually limited availability. We advise our patients to arrive a day before their pre-op appointment.
- Once the surgery date has been scheduled, we will make sure you are cleared for surgery. Some specific instructions will be sent as requested by your surgeon. A prescription for required laboratory testing can be sent to the patient or facility of their choice. Testing should be completed 30 days prior to surgery. Based on the patient’s health status and the nature of the procedure, additional testing may be required.
- Once the patient is cleared for surgery, travel preparations are made. For your convenience, we have provided a list of hotels in the area as well as airports near our surgery center. We advise our patients to arrange for someone to accompany them and care for them following the procedure. A caretaker can drive the patient to and fro the clinic, and assist with personal care and hygiene, including meal preparation, shopping, running important errands such as prescription pick up, help with walking, dressing, and provide the level of support and companionship patients need during recovery.
Outpatient Surgery: Avana Plastic Surgery
8700 West Flagler Street Suite 250
Miami Fl 33174
Please take a look at the below guidelines, very important to keep in mind when making your travel and lodging arrangements:
|Procedure||Wait days to fly after surgery||Notes|
|Brazilian Butt Lift||7-10 days||All patients are required to attend a follow-up consultation to ensure optimal healing and recovery. Post-op drainage massage appointments are also scheduled during this time.|
|Tummy Tuck||9-10 days||A follow-up consultation with your surgeon is required to ensure optimal healing and recovery. The first post-op drainage massage appointments are also scheduled.|
|Liposuction||3-4 days||Patients go home on the same day|
|Breast Procedures||5-7 days||One or several follow-up appointments with your surgeon are required to ensure prompt healing and recovery.|
|Eyelid Surgery||5 days||Recovery is based on the type of procedure, whether it is local or general for upper or lower eyelids.|
|Labiaplasty||3 days||While this is not an extensive procedure, patients are required to stay for at least three days before flying back home.|
Patients are expected to return to their hotel or lodging place after surgery once the anesthesia wears off and all post-operative assessment is complete. The caretaker or companion will pick up the patient at the clinic right after surgery and remain with the patient for the first 24 hours to assist with recovery.
MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
2100 NW 42nd Ave.
Miami, FL 33142
Phone: (305) 876-7000
Sitio web: www.miami-airport.com
Ranked as the best Florida airport for business travel, Miami International Airport has emerged as one of the leading airports in the nation offering more international flights than any other airport in the United States, particularly to Latin America and the Caribbean. It has more than 100 air carriers and is the top U.S. airport for international freight. The airport is located on 3,230 acres of land close to downtown Miami recently expanded to more than seven million square feet.
FT. LAUDERDALE AIRPORT, FLORIDA
320 Terminal Drive
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33315
Sitio web: www.broward.org/Airport.
The Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is located three miles southwest of downtown Fort Lauderdale and 21 miles north of Miami. The airport boasts of receiving many flights daily as well as international travelers who enjoy Fort Lauderdale’s spectacular beaches and the serene atmosphere.
Hotels in the area
We are conveniently located near some of the most popular restaurants in South Florida, as well as trendy hotels, some of which may provide apartment-style accommodations where patients can stay for one to several weeks after surgery. Please be advised that prices may vary depending on the seasonal rates or promotions. We recommend the following hotels to our out-of-town patients based on Google reviews:
Regency Hotel Miami
Address: 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126
Phone: (305) 441-1600
Rooms starting at $73 per night
Staybridge Suites Miami
Address: 3651 NW 25th St, Miami, FL 33142
Phone: (786) 629-1413
Rooms starting at $84 per night
Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon
Address: 5101 Blue Lagoon Dr, Miami, FL 33126
Phone: (305) 262-1000
Rooms starting at $84 per night
DoubleTree by Hilton Miami
Address: 711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126
Phone: (305) 261-3800
Rooms starting at $91 per night
Aloft Coral Gables
Address: 2524 S Le Jeune Rd, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Phone: (305) 442-0372
Rooms starting at $99 per night
Hyatt House Miami
Address: 5710 Blue Lagoon Dr, Miami, FL 33126
Phone: (305) 269-1922
Rooms starting at $109 per night
Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
Address: 50 Alhambra Plaza, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Phone: (305) 441-1234
Rooms starting at $117 per night
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami
Address: 777 NW 57th Ave, Miami, FL 33126
Phone: (305) 262-5400
Rooms starting at $119 per night
Four Seasons Hotel Miami
Address: 1435 Brickell Ave, Miami, FL 33131
Phone: (305) 358-3535
Rooms starting at $359 per night