Liposuction in Miami is a popular cosmetic procedure performed at Avana Plastic Surgery. This surgery can help you slim down areas of the body with the highest concentration of fat deposits that you can't remove, even following a healthy diet and exercises. Patients could experience a psychological and mental boost after a liposuction procedure.
The excess of fat can affect your health, that's the reason Liposuction or Lipo is the solution that offers you the opportunity to eliminate these stubborn pockets that can cling to the body affecting the patient's physical and also emotional stability. In this article, you will find what a Liposuction Miami can do for you, from the benefits, cost, types of procedures, risks, and recovery. With Liposuction Miami, you will achieve flat and toned contours and enjoy natural-looking results to feel fresh and new.
Are you a Liposuction Candidate?
All the ideal candidates for a Liposuction must have realistic expectations regarding the results that can be achieved through the procedure and have to be physically and mentally healthy. Likewise, women who have been trying hard to lose fat from their bodies and didn't respond to diets or exercises.
According to the Consumer Guide to Plastic Surgery: “Liposuction candidates should be physically fit and not more than 20 pounds overweight.” It's important to emphasize that Liposuction Miami may not be a viable option for everyone so that you may note the following aspects:
- Patients must be 18 years old as minimum age.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women cannot have Liposuction.
- People with some health problems are probably not good candidates for Liposuction.
- Anyone taking anticoagulant medication such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines should discontinue use of the medication before and after surgery.
- To have sufficient skin elasticity to readjust after surgery, to get expected results. Your surgeon will assess you and determinate whether this procedure is the right one for you.
Liposuction Miami Before and After Photos
Liposuction is a standard cosmetic procedure requested by both men and women. Some liposuction benefits include:
- It will improve the shape of your body by removing fat deposits.
- It can be a significant boost for self-esteem to finally get rid of the fat that has been making you see in a way that was not what you want.
- The elimination of fat has positive effects on your health and well-being in general as it reduces the probabilities of suffering from heart disease, diabetes, cholesterol, and certain types of cancer.
- As excess fat is removed from several areas, patients will become more physically active.
- Liposuction has been used to treat some medical conditions, such as the removal of fatty tumors.
Your Initial Lipo Consultation at Avana Plastic Surgery
In your Liposuction consultation at Avana Plastic Surgery in Miami, medical history, and a general check of the patient is made. In addition, the patient and the surgeon discuss your aesthetic goals, any medical conditions, allergies, medications you're taking, and past surgeries. Apart, the surgeon will take photographs, consider your options, and recommend the best course of treatment. You will also be explained the risks and complications that may arise with your particular procedure.
Schedule A Free Consultation Today
Types of Liposuction Procedures
There are several types of liposuction procedures used to help sculpt a better shape and achieve significant improvements. Depending on the nature of the procedure, there exist different techniques with unique advantages and risks.
Tumescent or Traditional Liposuction
This is a common technique that involves the injection of a dilute and sterile solution like saline (saltwater) plus lidocaine and epinephrine (anesthesia) into subcutaneous fat, specifically on the areas where fay is going to be removed. This makes the suction of fat easier and with less pain and blood loss. This local anesthesia is so strong that general anesthesia is no longer needed, which can be beneficial for the patient as the risks of general anesthesia are avoided. Also, there is less bruising, swelling, and minimal bleeding during surgery and recovery.
Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction (UAL) or Ultrasonic liposuction
Ultrasound liposuction uses a cannula that vibrates and breaks up fatty tissue when incisions are made. The tube is inserted into the area that is going to be treated. This special cannula passes through the fat cells, and they become liquid to make easier the suction. There is no clear evidence this procedure procedures better results than other techniques. This procedure requires a larger incision to accommodate the ultrasound device, and it may take longer to be performed with additional risks and scarring, burning, and nerve damage.
Laser-assisted Liposuction (LAL) or Laser liposuction
Technology has facilitated an alternative technique that uses heat energy from the laser to perform Liposuction. First, a laser fiber is passed through the skin to liquefy the fat and helps coagulate blood vessels as well as tighten the skin and collagen. Then, a cannula is inserted to suction and remove extra fat. This causes contraction into the skin and forms new collagen without affecting the surrounding nerves, blood vessels, and soft tissues. Some benefits of this Liposuction are: tightening of the skin, quick healing, less bruising, among others. It's essential that a specialized plastic surgeon perform this procedure.
Power-assisted Liposuction (PAL)
Power-assisted Liposuction, also known as PAL, works excellent on patients with high volumes of fat. A special cannula is used to break up fatty tissue thanks to rapid vibrations that help to eliminate fat cells. One of the benefits of this procedure is that it facilitates a more precise and quicker fat removal so that it can result in fast recovery time. Also, it breaks up and targets fat in dense areas without damaging surrounding tissue. Since more fat is removed in a shorter period of time with a gentler technique and smaller incisions, power-assisted Liposuction may yield enhanced results and reduce bruising.
Preparing for your Liposuction Surgery
Liposuction can eliminate fat clusters of any part of the body, including arms, breasts, abdomen, buttocks, thighs, hips, knees, ankles, cheeks, and neck. Whatever the area to be treated, Liposuction requires some preparation to ensure the success of the procedure. For that reason, Liposuction Miami will give you some tips below:
- Lose weight: Liposuction does not replace at any time a diet to lose weight and will not prevent future weight gain. It is recommended that you stay at your healthy weight, or as close to your goal before liposuction operation. Try to make a nutritious diet and combine it with exercise so that the results are as long as possible.
- No Smoking: Before Liposuction, you should stop smoking. It is a tip for any surgical intervention since there may be complications during the operation. If you smoke, your tissues are deprived of oxygen. Also, smoking delays the healing process increases the chances of tissue death and the creation of excessive marks. Ideally, stop smoking immediately, but if it is impossible, at least try to clean your body for a couple of months before and after the intervention.
- Precautions with medications: There is a long list of prescription and over-the-counter medications that can cause problems during Liposuction. They include those that inhibit blood clotting, those that can interfere with the anesthesia, and those that can cause blood to clot too much. If you are taking any medication, it is recommended that you discuss it with your plastic surgeon to talk with the doctor who prescribes you and, thus, finds safer options. It could involve the interruption of the medication in a timely manner or certain precautions against the side effects of the surgery.
Liposuction Surgery in Miami – What to Expect?
Liposuction is an outpatient procedure generally performed with local anesthesia and intravenous sedation based on the procedure chosen. Our surgeon will tell you what the anesthesia method can meet your needs. After that, the doctor will make a small incision close to the targeted area, and a hollow and thin tube, known as a cannula, is inserted. The fat is carefully suctioned out to a vacuum. This procedure can last like 1.5 hours or longer, depending on the amount of fat to be removed and the treated areas.
How is Liposuction Recovery Like?
Modern liposuction surgery techniques are designed to minimize surgical risks and ensure the patient has a quick recovery. After surgery, like Liposuction or Lipo is an outpatient procedure, you can go home the same day, but the doctor may require staying overnight and observing your advance. This is more important when you have been removed a significant amount of fat. If you stay or go home the same day, you will need someone who can drive you to your house because you will feel some residual effects of anesthesia.
Within the first three days, you may feel some pain, so your surgeon will prescribe pain medication to manage it. You will also be provided with a compression garment to use around the treated areas for several weeks as it helps to promote healing, reduce swelling, and optimal skin contraction. These garments will restrict your movements, so it is essential not to make unnecessary and hard activities. In addition, you may have some drain tubes in order to prevent building up of fluids. In any case, your doctor will give indications to know how to handle these tubes. Scars should fade several months after surgery, and in some cases, they are scarcely visible a year after surgery.
Some helpful tips for a speedy liposuction recovery include:
- Following post-procedure instructions provided by your liposuction surgeon. That includes follow-up appointments.
- Avoid blood thinners such as aspirin and ibuprofen that may increase bleeding and swelling. You should also avoid alcohol, coffee, and cigarettes.
- Take plenty of sleep and relaxation during the weeks following surgery.
- Drink plenty of water since staying hydrated can help promote healing.
- Maintain a healthy diet throughout liposuction recovery and avoid saturated fats, sugar, and salts.
- Light exercise, such as short walks can help speed up the healing process. But don't overdo it. Follow your doctor's recommendations.
- Undergo weekly lymphatic massages. It can help minimize the soreness and discomfort experienced during liposuction recovery as well as boost your immune system and prevent infection.
- Avoid swimming or taking a bath as it can promote infection and slow down recovery.
It is necessary to follow all these indications and the others given by your surgeon, just to have a good recovery time, without risks and complications.
Common Liposuction risks and side effects
While Liposuction for men and women has an excellent safety record, and the risks are less when performed by a skilled liposuction surgeon, there are some liposuction risks associated with this procedure. Remember, all surgeries carry risks, which should be carefully considered before undergoing this procedure. The most crucial aspect to consider is your overall health, targeted area, liposuction technique used, and your surgeon's postoperative instructions as well as credentials.
Liposuction risks include:
- Anesthesia complications.
- Bleeding and infections.
- Fat embolism.
- Pulmonary embolism
- Changes in skin sensation.
- Skin discoloration and skin numbness.
- Blood clot.
- Irregular contours.
- Damage to some structures such as vessels, nerves, and abdominal region.
- Cardiac complications.
According to the MayoClinic, “the risk of complications increases if the surgeon is working on larger surfaces of your body or doing multiple procedures during the same operation.”
You can discuss these liposuction risks during your evaluation with your specialist at Avana Plastic Surgery in Miami. Our surgeons will be pleased to guide you through this process so that you may enjoy great results and a fantastic look.
Most doctors say that the use of a proper compression garment is crucial to minimize swelling and bruising. It will help the skin smoothly adhere to the underlying tissue and speed up healing, but some don't think it's necessary. However, there are some doctors who recommend the use of the compression garments 24/7 (with a break for showering) for at least two weeks. Then the use of the garment can be gradually reduced. Some surgeons recommend lymphatic massage to help drain fluid and bring down swelling.
How much Liposuction Miami Cost?
Liposuction costs may vary from $1,600 to $10,300, with an average cost of $6,100. The total price will depend on the type of Liposuction you choose, the technology employed during the procedure, and other fees, which may include anesthesia, pain medication, surgical garments, and location to perform the surgery, among others.
Contact a surgeon today
Liposuction or Lipo is an incredible procedure that will help you to have a great shape of your body, contour your profile and improve your health, due to removing of extra fat in your body. So, if you feel motivated and want to get a great look, you just have to schedule an appointment with our specialist plastic surgeons. They will be pleased to talk to you about all the benefits, risks, complications, and better procedures of a Lipo that may help to achieve your desired goals. Do not hesitate to call today to Avana Plastic Surgery in Miami, the best option for you (305) 501-6000
It takes a while to appreciate the final result. Although you will notice some improvements from the first months, the final result will be achieved after six months, when the body is fully recovered.
Depending on the amount of fat to be extracted and the areas to be treated, the surgery time is defined, so each case is particular; however, on average, Liposuction lasts from one to three hours.
No, before surgery, your surgeon will mark the incision areas where they cannot be seen, so the liposuction scars are invisible even with a bikini, and then they will heal over time.
It is usual for fluid retention (edema) to occur in patients with Liposuction. A good option for this is the lymphatic massages to accelerate the resorption of edema.
There are different limits as to what is safe. The amount of fat removed can be removed as outpatient liposuction is 5 liters or 5000cc.
Although the results are excellent, for these to be maintained over time, it is essential to adopt healthy habits in terms of diet and physical exercise.
They are stretchy clothing designed for different parts of the body in order to provide firm support and reduce the possibility of bleeding as well as inflammation after surgery.
You should know that the liposuction procedure is a safe procedure; however, as in any surgical operation, problems can occur like infections, illnesses, and nerve injuries.
It is a stainless steel tube used to absorb the fat when introduced under the skin in the areas that are going to be treated.
It depends on the areas to be treated, the surgeon, and the clinic. We recommend that you read out our detailed article on liposuction pricing.