As you age, you lose volume in the soft tissue of the most visible skin, predominantly the face and hands, which may result in a saggy or gaunt appearance. Dermal fillers Miami can help restore volume and improve wrinkling for a stunning appearance. Treatments can be administered in the form of an injection and yield spectacular results
Injectable fillers are natural and synthetic materials that have been used for many decades to add volume and to encourage the skin’s natural collagen growth. Dermal fillers Miami also help lessen the appearance of wrinkles and lines, enhance the cheeks, plump the lips with lip fillers Miami, and lift and flatten scar depressions. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most popular fillers and how they can be used to your advantage.
Benefits of dermal fillers
Dermal fillers Miami can provide many advantages for patients looking to reduce the typical signs of aging predominantly on the face:
- It’s quick and effective. The patient can enjoy the benefits soon after the injections are applied. Dermal fillers can rejuvenate your appearance when the product is injected into the skin. Patients can return to their daily activities immediately after dermal fillers treatment.
- Dermal fillers contain substances that help the skin such as hyaluronic acid or collagen, which when injected into the skin can produce the anticipated effects. Hyaluronic acid can help the skin absorb water so that it looks more hydrated, firmer, and brighter. The thicker the gel, the more volume is achieved.
- The long-lasting results can be enjoyed for several months up to half a year so the patient will not have to come back to the clinic for a retouch for a while.
- The results are natural-looking, very subtle, which is what most patients wish to accomplish, a better version of themselves. People will notice that you look better than before, but they won’t know what exactly happened.
- Some patients report a boost in self-confidence after dermal fillers. They just love the way they look.
Candidates for injectable fillers
Dermal fillers are an excellent option for fighting the typical signs of aging and preventing wrinkle formation. Whether due to age or weight fluctuations, loss of volume in the face may cause the face to look more tired, have deeper wrinkles and expression lines. The basic candidates for injectable fillers for the face are patients with realistic expectations.
Also, non-smokers are excellent candidates for a cosmetic makeover with dermal fillers treatment because their bodies generally heal faster. Some sucking and squinting motions that patients make when smoking can worsen these fine lines and accelerate the aging process, thus the results may not be as lasting.
Good candidates for fillers will have wrinkles and other issues they may not want to address with a surgical procedure. Dermal fillers are ideal for patients who have specific areas that may require a facelift or may not cover the rest of the face. Patients with allergies might not be good candidates for some types of dermal fillers as they may experience an allergic reaction.
Areas treated with facial dermal fillers
As the thickness and consistency of facial dermal fillers expand, new fillers are formulated to treat several areas throughout the body and create the most natural appearance. Patients can now improve areas such as the cheeks with Juvederm and the lips with Restylane. The most common areas treated with injectable fillers include:
- Lip injections Miami – The lips tend to lose volume and body with age. With time, the “philtral columns” or parallel lines that provide the lips with the M-like shape and the volume in the chin are also lost. The good news is that all these deficiencies can be corrected with dermal fillers. The key to beautiful lips is finding dermal filler injections that work well on this type of skin, which tends to be very thin.
- Dermal fillers for the nasolabial folds – This is another area on the corner of the nose and lips, which is commonly treated with injectable fillers. Small lines forming on the nasolabial folds may create noticeable shadows in the area, which look very unattractive.
- Dermal fillers for the hands – While dermal fillers are generally used to treat the face, they can also be used to enhance the appearance of the hands. In the end, loss of volume can occur anywhere in the body.
- Dermal filler injections for the cheeks – The cheeks also tend to flatten over time and look hollow or shallow. Thankfully, dermal fillers will plump up the area and add definition so that the cheekbones can appear more sculpted. A variety of dermal fillers are used to add fullness to the mid-face and cheek area achieving the most stunning results.
- Chin wrinkles – Injectable fillers for chin are also gaining popularity among our clients. This area is commonly known as an “orange peel” and is exposed to sun damage, which causes the bottom of the face to wrinkle. Some injectable fillers can help smooth the area and relax the muscle’s so that new wrinkles and lines don’t form and existing ones improve in appearance.
Dermall Filler Treatment
When it comes to dermal fillers Miami, many patients are surprised to learn how versatile these treatments can be. At Avana Plastic Surgery, our patients are satisfied with the lasting results these treatments offer. Your surgeon can help you determine which filler meets your needs during your initial consultation.
During your initial consultation at Avana Plastic Surgery, your surgeon will go over your medical history and allergen history to determine whether dermal fillers are safe for you to use.
Types of dermal fillers available at Avana Plastic Surgery
Due to the wide variety of dermal fillers brands available, sometimes it can be challenging to find the option that’s right for you. At Avana Plastic Surgery, we make sure our patients understand their options so they can pick the cosmetic treatment that meets their needs. We have used dermal fillers brands such as Restylane and Juvederm because they are safe and natural fillers used to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles worldwide since 1996. They are both made of non-animal based hyaluronic acid. That is a substance that is already present in the body with the unique function of providing volume and fullness to the skin.
- Juvéderm Ultra/UltraPlus – It’s used to correct severe facial wrinkles, deep nasolabial folds, and marionette lines as well as to fill in depressed zones in the cheeks.
- Juvéderm Voluma – This filler addresses the loss of midface and cheek volume restoring the facial appearance significantly. The goal is to create a natural face that’s both youthful and pump.
- Juvéderm Volbella – This is one of the longest-lasting injectables out there with the most natural-looking results. It can last up to 12 months, and it targets the lips, perioral lines and wrinkles.
- Restylane – This product is similar to Juvederm commonly used to treat facial wrinkles and lines especially under the eye, tear troughs, and dark circles.
- Restylane Lyft - Designed for more prominent facial folds, cheek and midface restoration producing results for about six to nine months. Also used to improve the chin and approved by the FDA to treat the hands.
- Restylane Silk – This volumizing filler can be used to achieve a lift without surgery. It’s commonly used to plump the lips and correct asymmetries.
- Restylane Defyne - Used to treat moderate to severe deep wrinkles and folds to better define facial expressions.
- Restylane Refyne - It helps with laugh lines, smooth nasolabial folds, and fill marionette lines.
How are injectable dermal fillers administered by our specialists?
There are numerous methods used to inject dermal fillers. It’s all based in the depth of the injection, targeted areas as well as the properties of each product and the desired outcome. Some common methods utilized include:
- Linear threading – In this method, a tune of filler is injected to eliminate the wrinkle. This technique is generally used to target isolated creases including nasolabial folds or marionette lines.
- Serial puncture – This technique employs several dermal filler injections along the length of the wrinkle. While the method can be very effective, it increases the likelihood of of bruising.
- Radial fanning – The purpose of this technique is to fill the targeted area with slight skin punctures so that there is less bruising involved. As the needle is inserted, a tunnel of filler is made while the needle is withdrawn. Without removing the needle from the skin, the surgeon will redirect it into a radial plane as extra filler is added into the desired area until the results are reached.
- Cross-hatching – Several parallels and perpendicular tunnels of dermal fillers are injected to create cross-hatching, an excellent technique for larger areas.
How long do dermal fillers last?
Most injectable fillers can last up to 12 months, based on the patient and areas treated. Some dermal filler such as Juvederm Vollure can last up to 15-18 months. Botox and other botulinum toxins type A dermal fillers may last four to six months. After the procedure, the body will slowly absorb the filler, and the procedure can be repeated at the right intervals to keep the results.
Common dermal filler side effects and complications
Some complications may arise from the injection of soft-tissue dermal fillers including:
- Bruising – This complication is one of the most common ones at the injection site. It can happen notwithstanding the techniques utilized. However, there are some steps you can take to prevent bruising, such as avoiding blood thinners, minimizing the amount of puncture sites, applying ice packs, and refraining from activities that may raise blood pressure.
- Over-filling – When too much dermal fillers treatment is injected, it may create lumps, and form unevenness. Thankfully, correction is possible in most cases.
- Under-filling – This can be easily addressed by injecting more filler into the area.
- Granulomatous inflammation – This reaction can result from any dermal fillers brands, but it can also be treated with medications and graduated injections.
- Tyndall effect – This happens when the filler is injected too superficially so that the filler is close to the surface of the skin causing discoloration. The complication should improve once the filler is removed.
- Infection at injection site – This complication is not very common, and it can be caused by a viral infection that spreads into the site, most common in patients with a history of cold sores.
Complications with non-absorbable dermal fillers are challenging to handle since they are not absorbed but rather excised causing scarring to form and leading to unwanted results.
Risk factors to consider
Patients should not use dermal fillers if:
- The skin is swollen
- They have allergies to any of the ingredients in the filler
- They have a bleeding condition that may affect the clotting process
- They are pregnant, breastfeeding or under 18 at the time the procedure is performed
- The skin is sensitive to scarring
Dermal fillers Miami cost
According to reviews submitted in RealSelf, the typical cost for dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane in Miami ranges from $400 to $1,300 with an average of $750. Dermal fillers are generally priced by syringe. The price can vary based on where and how the product was used, whether to fill facial lines, augment lips, and so on.
Schedule your dermal fillers treatment today
Now that you have a clearer understanding of the many benefits dermal filler injections can provide you, it’s time to make your first appointment with a medical professional at Avana Plastic Surgery. We are ready to work with you and deliver dermal fillers treatment options that best meet your needs. During your consultation, you will also view dermal fillers before and after photos so you can better appreciate your surgeon’s skill. Learn more about the dermal fillers Miami available in our practice by scheduling a complimentary consultation today!
Dermal fillers FAQs
Dermal fillers are synthetic or natural substances injected into the face to improve the appearance of wrinkles and restore facial fullness. Injectable fillers for the face can only provide temporary results and last for months or several years depending on the product or patient. This procedure has become very popular with over 2.7 million performed in 2017 alone, according to the ASPS.
Back in 2015, Kybella was approved by the FDA to address fat in the neck for patients who may wish to avoid surgery. Patients can receive a few injections for several weeks. However, these dermal filler injections work best on patients that have mild to moderate neck fullness or fat. If the skin is too loose, the patient may need a more invasive procedure such as a neck lift.
It is crucial patients keep in mind this is not a facelift procedure; therefore, the results aren’t permanent. Dermal fillers can improve your appearance significantly but only on a temporary basis. We encourage our patients to have a thorough discussion with their doctor so they can fully understand what to expect from this treatment approach.
Basically, the thicker the acid gel, the more volume you can achieve. Thus, dermal fillers for lip augmentation have thinner gels while injectable fillers for the cheek are thicker and may last longer.
While dermal fillers are available at MedSpas, patients are encouraged only to see a licensed and trained physical to inject the dermal fillers treatment. There are risks for infections, lumps, and discoloration when the injections are done incorrectly.
Some patients may not wait to see the first wrinkle to start the first dermal fillers treatment. According to statistics by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS), in 2015 there was a significant increase in patients under age 30 seeking dermal filler injections. Some dermatologists agree starting early can have some benefits. Patients who begin at an early age are said to age differently. In other words, prevention is often better than correction. Dermal fillers can prevent the formation of premature wrinkles that may worsen as the patient gets older.
Patients unhappy with the results can usually have them adjusted. Some dermatologists may inject additional filler for a more balanced appearance or dissolve the existing product with an enzyme injected into the skin.
Dermal fillers are generally safe yet taking a few steps may ensure a more reliable experience:
- Choosing a licensed or experienced doctor to administer dermal filler injections.
- Have the procedure performed at a clinic or professional medical setting.
- Ask the medical professional about their experience with the dermal filler you choose.
- Never purchase injectable dermal fillers online.
- Dermal filler injections should be FDA-approved and adequately labeled.
- Learn about the possible risks and side effects of the injectable fillers you choose.
- Read the ingredients and discuss them with your doctor to make sure you are not allergic to any of the components.
- Talk you tell your doctor about any medications or supplements you are taking as they may interact with the fillers.