Dr. Shane McDaniel
Meet Dr. McDaniel
Dr. Shane McDaniel is among a unique and exclusive collection of surgeons highly trained and double board certified in both General and Facial Cosmetic Surgery. His practice focuses on breast and body contouring as well as facial cosmetic surgery.
Following his core surgical training at the University of North Carolina, Dr. McDaniel went on to complete a General Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship accredited by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. During his fellowship he trained in full body and facial cosmetic surgery and completed over 800 cosmetic surgeries. One of Dr. McDaniel’s main focuses is patient safety during and around cosmetic surgery. While in fellowship he was involved in multiple research projects and worked to develop a post-surgical pain control protocol to help minimize narcotic use and improve patient comfort and safety.
Dr. McDaniel is thrilled to join Avana Plastic Surgery where he can provide his surgical skills and experience to his patient. He offers a wide variety of surgical procedures including breast augmentation, breast lift, Brazilian butt lifts, liposuction facelifts, rhinoplasty and more. Although cosmetic surgery suggests a certain concept of perfection, Dr. McDaniel appreciates that beauty varies and is hardly defined by appearance alone. He views his surgical abilities as an opportunity to restore a patient’s confidence. Dr. McDaniel prides himself on understanding his patients and helping them achieve their specific goals.
- North Carolina State University
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- University of North Carolina General Surgery Internship
- University of North Carolina Maxillofacial Residency
- Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship- Body and Face
- Board Certified in Cosmetic Surgery
- Board Certified in Maxillofacial Surgery
- California State Medical License
- North Carolina State Medical License
- Florida State Medical License
- General Anesthesia and Sedation Permit - California
- General Anesthesia and Sedation Permit - North Carolina
- ACLS, PALS, BLS
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- AACS New Surgeons Committee- Chair
- American Medical Association
- Moses Cone Hospital System