As more men and women seek to look and feel better about themselves, procedures such as SmartLipo Miami keep gaining momentum and increasing in popularity. SmartLipo Miami offers precise body contouring that will refine your figure with less downtime, discomfort, and side effects than the traditional methods.
To find out about SmartLipo Miami and the many benefits you can reap from this incredible procedure; we encourage you to browse through this article. You will identify whether you are a good candidate for the SmartLipo procedure, how it works, benefits, recovery, cost, and how scheduling a consultation with a SmartLipo specialist in Miami can turn your aesthetic goals into a reality.At Avana Plastic Surgery, our surgeons have the extensive experience you need to get the most out of this advantageous laser technology. Additionally, we have more trained surgeons than most centers in South Florida and across the nation.
What is SmarLipo?
SmartLipo is a pioneer laser-assisted lipolysis system used in the removal of fat. This procedure is minimally invasive with less downtime and side effects than traditional liposuction. Unlike traditional liposuction, SmartLipo Miami uses lasers to remove unwanted fat.
Smart lipo vs. traditional lipo
While there are some similarities between smart lipo and traditional lipo, there are some key differences as well:
- Technique – Traditional lipo techniques use physical manipulation and a cannula to break up the fat and suction it while SmartLipo uses laser heat to melt the fat so that it can be easily removed along with a cannula or tube, which will result in less discomfort and bruising for the patient.
- Skin tightening- SmartLipo can also tighten the skin while traditional lipo can’t tighten the skin alone unless combined with another procedure. Traditional liposuction can produce dimpling or sag, particularly in older patients with poor skin elasticity.
- Recovery – Traditional liposuction requires more time to recover fully than SmartLipo, about six weeks during which time patients are expected to wear compression garments. With SmartLipo, patients may improve in a couple of days requiring compression garments for a week.
SmartLipo Miami - Who is a good a candidate?
Almost anybody can be a good candidate for SmartLipo Miami as long as the patient meets some general requirements:
- The patient is in good health, keeps fit, and is within 20 lbs. of the desired weight.
- There are a few areas of stubborn fat deposits that may not respond to dieting and exercising.
- The patient is bothered by fatty regions and would like to eliminate them permanently.
Your surgeon will determine whether you are a good candidate for the SmartLipo procedure during the initial consultation after a successful medical assessment and will explain in details what to expect from the SmartLipo procedure.
Schedule A Free Consultation Today
Your surgery journey begins with a consultation at Avana Plastic Surgery. During this time, your surgeon will discuss your medical history and the expected aesthetic goals. For your surgery to proceed safely, you should be transparent about any medications you are taking, allergies, and past surgeries. The surgeon will answer all your questions and prepare you for surgery. Other surgical procedures may be recommended as needed to create the most natural contours. Call us today and find out what SmartLipo Miami can do for you.
How Does SmartLipo Work?
SmartLipo is entirely different from traditional liposuction since it uses a calibrated laser to melt fat deposits and rupture fat cells so the unwanted substance can be easily removed through a tiny incision in the skin. During SmartLipo Miami, lasers work by creating an intense light beam, which can be adjusted to a particular frequency range.
First, your surgeon will mark the targeted areas and then inject a local anesthetic. Then a small cannula or tube of about 1.0 mm to 2.0 mm in diameter comprising a laser fiver is inserted in the skin. The surgeon moves back and forth the cannula as it carries the laser energy to fat cells causing them to liquefy and be easily removed.
The SmartLipo procedure can be performed under local anesthesia. There is less bleeding, bruising and SmartLipo recovery time. Since general anesthesia is not used, there aren’t many SmartLipo side effects.
Patients that have stubborn fat deposits that can’t be eliminated with diet and exercise alone can benefit from SmartLipo. Some benefits of this procedure are:
- It is less invasive than traditional liposuction as it uses lasers to liquefy fat.
- It can help patients lose inches of fat, which will result in a slimmer contour.
- It helps eliminate cellulite and sagging skin. This produce stimulates collagen production, which helps rejuvenate the body.
- The incisions used in the SmartLipo procedure are smaller than the incisions used in traditional liposuction. They are scarcely noticeable once healed.
- SmarttLipo recovery is faster than traditional lipo since this procedure is less invasive. Patients may experience some pain for the first two days following surgery.
During SmartLipo recovery, patients will heal in several steps:
- First, numbness may be present at the surgical site, which should disappear in a few days.
- Patients are advised to rest 1-2 days.
- The swelling should go away in no more than a week during which time patients may carry on normal activities.
- The skin should be back to normal within three months.
- Patients must follow their doctor’s postoperative instructions.
- Patients should refrain from blood thinners such as aspirin, Advil, and ibuprofen, and should not smoke.
- Never miss follow-up visits to confirm the areas are healing well without scarring or infection.
Risks Associated with a SmartLipo procedure
As with any other surgical procedure, SmartLipo Miami has some potential risks but much less since this procedure is less invasive. Some patients may experience rare infection and hematoma. Minor swelling and bruising are also possible as well as burns caused by the laser’s heat. Asymmetrical results, swelling and bruising are some of the long-term risks associated with the SmartLipo procedure or any other lipo technique. Choosing an experienced surgeon will decrease the possibility of any SmartLipo side effects and lead to more satisfying results.
SmartLipo Miami cost
The prices of SmartLipo Miami can vary depending on the size of the area treated. Patients can expect to pay $2,100 - $8,400 with an average of $5,225, according to 2,562 SmartLipo reviews on RealSelf. Liposuction on the chin and neck may cost $3,000-$5,000, and abdominal lipo procedures cost the same depending on the number of areas treated, surgical facility, location, and other factors. Patients who treat more than one area at once can save in the overall SmartLipo cost. Health insurance companies generally don’t cover these costs. However, payment plans may be available. Also, some plastic surgeons work with companies that provide loans to patients, which often carry lower interest rates than credit cards.
At Avana Plastic Surgery, our team is committed to achieving results that last. After your initial consultation, patients will follow a preoperative plan designed for their particular needs. This plan may include changes in diet and other habits that may impact their health during SmartLipo recovery. Patients may also discontinue some medications and supplements as advised by the surgeon. Pain meds are prescribed, and patients should have family or a friend to take them home safely and accompany them during the first days of SmartLipo recovery.
A SmartLipo Miami session takes approximately 1-3 hours. Most patients need only one treatment with each treated area taking about 45 minutes. The length of the session depends on the number of areas targeted and the size of the area.
The SmartLipo procedure can offer some improvement as it helps remove fat and tighten sagging skin. SmartLipo can eliminate fat deposits and break up some fibrous bands, which helps smooth the skin and lessen dimples. However, it’s difficult to predict the results. When liposuction is not done right, for example, it may cause some irregularities challenging to fix. That’s why it is essential you seek a surgeon with experience and specialization in this type of procedure.
The results should be seen immediately, and they will progress for the next six months with the final improvements seen thereafter.
Patients are advised to maintain the results with proper diet, exercise, and nutrition. While fat cells are permanently removed, if the person gains weight, fat will be deposited in the areas that weren’t treated.
SmartLipo is a safe procedure since it uses the tumescent technique and it doesn’t require general anesthesia. Therefore, many of the risks are eliminated.
SmartLipo can help eliminate fat in most areas of the body including the chin, neck, back, arms, buttocks, abdomen, and flanks. It’s important to note that sometimes excess skin can be mistaken for fat. In such circumstances, another cosmetic procedure such as a lift may be more fitting. Nevertheless, SmartLipo may remove reasonable amounts of excess skin without needing a more invasive technique.
When it comes to liposuction, there are a few options out there. The most important aspect to keep in mind is that the results are not based solely on the device used but rather on the surgeon’s skill and experience. A poorly trained and inexperienced provider will sale a particular device, but that doesn’t mean they have qualified surgeons specializing in this type of procedure. Both procedures can be equally effective depending on your cosmetic goals, expected downtime and recovery time.
Lymphatic massage can be beneficial after any liposuction procedure and speed things up for many patients, but it is not medically necessary. If you don’t mind the added expenses, it has value particularly in areas of fibrosis. Gently, circular massage 5 minutes a day can be just as effective. Consistency is the key.
It all depends on the technique used and how the patient heals. Circular incisions, for example, have a smaller length and may accommodate the device needed for surgery. Also, surgeons that operate gently may help decrease trauma at the incision site so that the area heals faster. When it comes to skin types, patients with darker skin may have problems with hyperpigmentation. Avoiding the sun is vital as ultraviolet light may darken the incision permanently.